To Do List
- Repairs and renovations: Schedule any repairs or renovations at least four weeks before your move. If you plan to have your new space professionally decorated, have most of that done before you move in.
- Utilities: Schedule utility changes for both your current and new living space, three weeks in advance.
- Newspapers: Schedule newspaper and/or laundry delivery services to change three weeks before you move.
- Packing: Saving your old newspapers for packing purposes, wrapping your crystal glasses and fine china.
- Change of address: Submit your change of address information to the post office.
- Throw it away: Living in one place for an extended period of time and allow for a lot of clutter to accumulate. Use your move as an opportunity to throw thing out. A good rule of thumb is if you have not used it in 12 months you probably do not need it.
- Schedule your move in date: Your new association will require a move-in date, especially if you have to reserve the freight elevators. You should schedule this at least four in advance